LBS wins three national awards at the industry’s top event.
The biggest event in the industry’s awards calendar took place on the 24th November 2017 at the prestigious London Hilton Hotel, Park Lane. Finalists for this year’s Builders Merchants News (BMN) Awards 2017 came together to celebrate the very best UK Builders’ Merchants and the industry’s brightest stars.
LBS was shortlisted for a record 7 categories – recognition of all the work undertaken over the last 12-months.
- Independent Builders’ Merchant of the Year
- Achiever of Year: Dai Thomas
- Branch Manager of the Year: Lee Davies, Total Plumbing Port Talbot
- Website & Digital Initiative of the Year: a complete re-build of the LBS eCommerce platform.
- Showroom of the Year: LBS Aberdare
- Best Customer Service of the Year
- Marketing Initiative of Year: “Tee-ing off our Trade Days” – LBS and Total Plumbing Summer T-shirts.
It was a successful day. LBS fought off tough competition from the leading lights in the industry to score a hat-trick of awards:
- Achiever of the Year: Dai Thomas
- Independent Builder’s Merchant of the Year (11-20 branches)
- Branch Manager of the Year: Lee Davies
A fantastic day was had by all and LBS’ success in the industry continues to go from strength to strength – testament to the commitment of the whole company and its staff in delivering the LBS strategy throughout the last 12-months.
These wins are remarkable: LBS has now won “Independent Builder’s Merchant of the Year” for the last 3 years and “Branch Manager of the Year” 2 years in a row. Dai Thomas’ win for “Achiever of the Year” unsurprisingly received the biggest cheer of the day – his contribution not only to LBS but also to the wider industry appreciated and recognised by all.
The key elements that set LBS apart according to the awards judges was the company’s ability to grow its branch network and diversity into complimentary channels – such as plumbing, kitchens and bathrooms and roofing – successfully. The business has achieved fantastic results over the last 12-18 months including:
- Continued record sales growth;
- Successful integration of Talbot Timber Ltd – LBS’ largest acquisition in its 85-year history – into the LBS Family;
- “Every Step Counts”: a LBS charity walk up Pen y Fan, the highest peak in Southern Britain;
- Consistently great customer service on a number of large contracts;
- Further growth and expansion of the Total Plumbing branch network and brand;
- The complete rebuild of the LBS e-trading platform; and
- The retention and recruitment of talented people.
These awards conclude another record year for LBS which has seen the company recognised with a number of regional and national awards. The business aims continue its efforts to build on the success seen to date and achieve even more through 2018.
Dai Thomas, Operations Director and Achiever of the Year summed up:
“This is a huge team effort and is all down to the people that we work with. These awards are all shared by the entire LBS Family – there’s no “I” in team.
I’ve been part of the LBS Family since 1986, when I first joined for a role on the Trade Counter at the original branch in Llandeilo. Since then, I’ve worked my way through the company, helping the business grow to where it is now. I haven’t looked back from day one and love what I do. To receive this award is humbling and one of my proudest achievements.”
Mark Davies, LBS Managing Director remarked at the awards:
“LBS is proud to be recognised at the industry’s top awards. In our view, these awards reflect the continued investment in our LBS colleagues, creating award-winning levels of customer service and sustained growth across the wide range of sectors that we now trade in. These results are all testament to the commitment and expertise of our fantastic staff in delivering the LBS strategy. We are so thankful to our staff, suppliers and of course customers. You’re the guys who put us here, and these awards have been achieved by and are shared with the entire LBS Family.”